In the late 1950’s Rev. Reinhold Threinen of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Lipton, SK along with several Lutheran families of Fort Qu’Appelle had a desire to begin a mission church in Fort Qu’Appelle. The first service was held in 1959 and Service and Sunday School were held in the town hall and then the theatre until 1961.
In 1960 the group bought 3 lots on Pasqua Avenue with the plan to build a church building. In June of 1961 a constitution was adopted and Our Saviour Lutheran Church was born! Our Saviour issued a call to Rev. Threinen which he accepted in December in 1961 and served Our Saviour and Holy Trinity as a dual-parish.
During this time the building project began and on June 23, 1963 the church building was dedicated to the glory of God. From 1961 until 1983 Our Saviour continued in the dual-parish arrangement with Holy Trinity and then made the decision to become a single-point parish. At this time the parish decided to build a parsonage and after much volunteer construction the parsonage beside the church was dedicated to the glory of God on March 29, 1984.
In September of 2001 the parish embarked on another building project to add a ground level hall, kitchen, washrooms, and office for the pastor. Through many fundraising projects the loan for the hall was retired in the spring of 2008.
Our Saviour Lutheran Church has been blessed to be a place where God’s people of Fort Qu’Appelle and surrounding areas have gathered around His gifts of Word and Sacraments. Through the renewal and forgiveness given by our loving Holy Father, in Christ we are blessed to take the Good News out to our community and in service to our neighbors.